Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

The tempayan make-over


Tempayan?..... tempayan? ...tempayan ???? ...eyh...what's tempayan in english huh??? Been trying to recall what's it called (and too lazy to go look for my malay-english dictionary... actually can't remember where I last placed it... muahahahaha) ... *sigh*

Anyway... this tempayan here belongs to Salmi's grandmother ...errr or is it great-grandmother ??? (oh dear ... memory failure ...again!!) I had painted 3 different topiaries around it with butterflies and bees flying in between. I antiqued it to give it added value hehe ... not realising when I did that, the tempayan is already actually THAT old... a real piece of antique!!!! Only knew that it's an antique when Salmi came to collect it haha.... honestly... the tempayan looked very new... just smooth and shiny!!! Credit to the good old days when things were made to last forever !!! I'm satisfied with this piece ... did some research to get ideas for the topiaries hehe.... look see at the other two topiaries ya.

Salmi is happy... I'm happier ... I still have that nagging fear that my artwork is not up to expectations :(

That's it for now... off to the studio whilst I'm still in the painting mood. Need to get a few pieces ready for Christmas :) Have a great day ya ...

6 comments:

Salmi said...

Salaam kak Nora,..no worries..throw your fear away as I am very satisfied with your painting. Even everybody at home were amazed with da makeover..have a wonderful day ahead..xoxo.

Nora's Touch said...

tq Salmi... but u can't tell d frog not to jump hehe... I'll always worry haha... it's just me :(

Hana @ Lovely Roses said...

Sgt2 cantik...really impress...~

Nora's Touch said...

Tq for the compliments Hana :)

Ayu said...

iiissskkk.....cantik sungguh lukisan akak ni.tgk close up pun tak puas lg.rasanya mmg nak kena tgk yg real baru puas kot.kak...klu ayu nak buat mcm ni tp pd mdf board leh ke?

Nora's Touch said...

Time kaseh ayu... buat kat mana2 pun boleh jadi nye ;) ...cube je la ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails