Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Fruits n veges ...




It's fruits and veges today... Azma these are yours :)

Strawberries painted on a utility holder made from galvanised tin. Made it look rustic with strawberries on both sides. Simple though...




Next was the killer haha. Took me a loooooooonnnggggg time to complete this huge picnic hamper. It was a feat trying to make the veges look real ... am actually quite happy with the outcome. I have no formal training on painting veges, so what you see is the outcome of my trial and error style based on the various techniques I'd learned in the past hehe.... *pat pat patting myself on my shoulders.... yeay*

The base I painted to make it look like a basket. That too I'd taken time to paint...Aida was my critical consultant ... she'd go... " ma....your basket does not look woven, too much space, not enough shadows ...... " urghh!!!! but thanks anyway honourable daughter #3... your comments are most welcomed :)) These 2 items I have finished but not yet varnished .... so Azma... call me 2 days prior to collection ya hehe...

Currently, I'm simultaneously preparing 2 items... Azma's metallic bread bin and Salmi's glazed earthenware pot. Both items need thorough preparation prior to painting .... otherwise it would be a wasted effort since the paints won't stick well on such surfaces unless pre-primed ....

... wait for the results.... whenever that would be hehehe.... have a great day ya...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails