Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

May Lee's ...

I mulled over the design for May Lee's gift box... toyed around with sooooo many ideas... none of which I found satisfactory. It's just not May Lee!!! ...until one fine day... I just let go and let the brush take control. Started base-coating with one colour... didn't like it... then changed to another... and another... until it became a colour that I didn't know what to paint on with *sigh* ... but God is Great!!!... I remembered that May Lee loves to scuba dive... and the dark blue background is perfect for a sea-bed scenery with colourful coral reefs... and that's what I did. May Lee... this is for you... happy b'day dear :)


The inside cover of the box says it all. I treasure this long-lost-found-again friendship. After Form 5 in 1975, we went our separate ways ... only to meet again last year at a reunion of Assuntarians '75... and from then on, the rest is history. We were never even close in school, not even in the same clique ... but the bondage that we have now will last forever... God Willing. May Lee .. thank you... for everything :))




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails