Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Still Life Fantasy


You've seen samples of my painted flowers and gardens...here you'll see my still life paintings. I enjoy doing them most after trompe l'oeil. They post me a challenge for I want them to look real....sometimes I succeed sometimes I don't. When I don't... that means they don't get completed...until I get inspired... which is highly unlikely hahaha like this sample for instance... I failed to do the folds on the doily... and it has remained as such since Jan '04!!

Then I tried a similar concept this time omitting the supposedly gingham doily with a simple lacy one. Now.... that one I'm happy with. These two paintings were inspired by Lynda Derby.




Here's another favourite. Had some trouble there trying to create the metallic shine on the pail...fortunately I did it after many many many frustrating tries! This is a Mary McLean original



The tea-pot clock I made for the kitchen... but I've yet to hang it on the kitchen wall. Why is it not on the wall you ask? That's because I have yet to fix the mechanism ;) ...so it remains standing on my display shelf hehehe




The candle on its brass holder was a huge challenge but I am extremely proud of my work here. Again it's not my original. I was inspired by Kathye Begala. I just simply adore her paintings... absolutely gorgeous!


**I am a decorative artist not an artist in the real sense but because I learn the techniques to paint...I am able to produce presentable works. I am proud of me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails