Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Monday, January 21, 2008

From then on it continued

So to continue the story...

From the first brush strokes...from the agony and frustration of wondering why my strokes don't look like how they are supposed to be... up to now....I do believe I have evolved and bloomed and is actually very proud of my work. I now teach from the comfort of my home from a little corner of my dry kitchen to anybody who is willing to learn... may it be just for fun or otherwise. It is a forbidden area for the rest of my family. Don't anybody dare touch my 'organised' clutter!! haha You know what I mean.... hands off my organised mess!!! hahaha

Anyway... I was encouraged to sell my work and though I didn't have much faith in myself then, I took the challenge my friends gave me..."Nora, sell your pieces la!!" I'm glad I took the challenge. I set up stall at Mont Kiara Craft Market on Sundays for a whole year in 2000 and from there I met and made new friends. Needless to say I managed to create a network of friends and clients, many of whom have become firm friends for life. Love you all.... your presence complete me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails