Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Friday, January 25, 2008

My Painted Flowers

I have tried various styles and techniques...from flowers to sceneries to still life to intarsia to trompe l'oeil to 3-D effect with texture paste. Loved them all. Have a look-see at my flowers first ya


For some reason, roses are always a favourite. I'd painted roses the most and along the way I'd developed my own style. My teacher, Sandie, once told me that I have to paint at least 500 roses before they'd look any good. I can definitely say I'd done more than that now... and I do declare I'm satisfied with my roses *blush* Anyway... here are some of my favourite pieces painted on a tea box, a tray and a huge dino picnic hamper


Somehow, hydrangeas are also a favourite. I'd done countless hydrangeas on various surfaces. I'd done matching ones on a utility carrier and a tissue box . Wood is not the only surface I'd painted on. The tiffin carrier is a testimony to that. The cigar box below is another of my favorite piece.



I wish I could show you a lot more samples of my work but I'd not yet learned how to do a gallery. To show just these few had taken me more than 2 hours to set *sigh*


Seen here are some samples of the other flowers that I'd tried my hand at. On the candle sconce is a sprig of Cherry Blossoms. Below is my Forget-me-nots. Lilacs was fun and fast to do but Hibiscus was a challenge.


I have other flowers to show...I'd done the classic Daisies, the elegant Iris, Geraniums, Pansies, Wild Roses, Tulips, Sunflowers, Poppies to name a few. Unfortunately I can't do that yet. Why? That's because I don't seem to have them in my picture folder!!!!

So... bear with me for a little while longer yes whilst I go searching for them?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails