Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Monday, January 21, 2008

It all began one fine day

I was a school maarm, teaching Biology for 18 years before I decided to call it quits. A long story there but to cut it short... with so much free time on my hands, I started to pamper myself with doing nothing! Hey! I am now after all a lady of leisure...don't need to get up early to beat the jam just to be in school before the bell rings! But that didn't last long. I've been kept busy doing God-knows-what all these while that I felt I was going bonkers with doing NOTHING!! Nope... I don't think I can ever be a lady of leisure in the true sense haha.

I've always loved crafts...any kind... and I dare say I'm well adept at most handcrafts... you name it... I may have tried it. Cross-stitch, silk and ribbon embroidery, patchwork and quilting, applique, floral arrangement, mosaics, paper-clay modelling, smocking, designed and sewn children's clothes to name a few. I'd even done all the interior finishings for my own home. However, nothing gave me as much pleasure as decorative painting did since the day I tried my hand at it.

I'm a scientist, trained to be observant and accurate. I never knew I'd the flair for art but believe you me once the bug gets you there's no stopping to all this. I'm still learning and searching for new techniques. To this... Sandie... thank you....and to you my friend... as you read this, it simply means that you are now a part of my world. Welcome to my world of colours...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails