Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just completed :)

Latest ... completed just about 9am this morning... yet to be varnished though. Met Ita and her husband Tarmizi (introduced by Zaitun) and was commissioned by them to paint roses on a dining table. Nice couple this pair... compliments each other's skills and talents... and making their hobby their current vocation. They own a one-stop home centre I should say.... anything from heavy furniture making to the interior finishings and furnishings... a real saliva-drooling experience to go through their shop hahaha...


Will show you the various angles taken of the table top. Here you see the overall top view of the table. Only the top was brought to me... and I had it put over my coffee table in my lounge. As it was huge... I had to climb over and sit on it as I paint haha... slightly better if I'd put it on the floor. I'd guarantee you I will need a back massage ... muahahahaha... bending over to paint on the floor takes a heavy toll on my back *sigh*


Here are the two ends of the table. As I draw and paint roses freehand... no two paintings can be the same. Even if I were to trace out the design... I'd still not get them exactly the same. My biggest fear is when a customer asks me to duplicate and replicate a certain design... I can never do it!!!!



And finally the centre piece. The roses here are bigger as compared to the ones at the ends of the table. Thank God I had the insight to get myself a 3/4" angular brush way back in 2006 (though I did hesitate to buy it then... was wondering when on earth would I be using such a huge brush???!!!!) Hmm... grandma always said to trust your instincts... I'm glad I did. It sure made my work easier here :)


Also painted the caddy to match the table. One can use it as a cutlery holder ... and this would certainly complement the dining table. Don't you think so??? ... hehehe... I certainly do.

So... that's the dining set to show-off... unfortunately... it's not mine :(


3 comments:

Umi Ismail said...

betul2 make me drooling ni kakNora....
close-up la sikit roses tu, tgh cari inspirations ....

rozie yusof-azlan said...

Cantekk...I can just imagine you sitting cross-legged on it.. bending down to paint...smile.. kat mana their furniture shop sis..I need to look for some pieces for my house...

Nora's Touch said...

Umi... u nak tgk besaq2... u click je kat atas gambar tu.... dia kuar sebesaq2nye ler hehe

rozie... dok simpuh katak... bent at the knees. U nk gi sana... nnt I bawa... nak explain pn x reti.... nun kat subang utama tu ha

Related Posts with Thumbnails