Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Always just be yourself... grandma said...

Today...is not a good day. Spent all of daylight hours from 11am - 7.00pm painting a style not my own. I have a free spirit...my painting style is free and loose with a mingling of colours here, there and everywhere. Unfortunately today...I was requested to paint a very controlled style...controlled design with controlled colours and controlled size and shape....*sigh* and double *sigh**sigh*...so not me. Even my daughter (who patiently accompanied me ...bless my darling) ... could see the difference in style and commented that it's so not me!!! Oh well... the customer is always right...and I should be thankful that I still got paid for it inspite of everything... but it was not with a good feeling.... first time completing a task without the sense of satisfaction :(

2 comments:

Ana Rashid said...

Yes, dearie...once in a while along comes a day not like any other. Thats just the Power-That-Be's gentle way of reminding us customers come in many sizes and shapes and demands!

Nora's Touch said...

Hehe... yup!yup!yup!...I'm always told to paint from the heart...but that day...the heart was stranggled!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails