Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Guess what???

God works in mysterious ways... yup!yup!yup! Our paths crossed years ago when we were still very young girls... who could even imagine that we'd meet again and become bosom buddies???

As a young girl, I led a nomadic life. Abah would be transferred ever so often from state to state in his course of duty with RISDA. I was in 9 different schools all over Malaysia before I finally ended school life in 1977 and entered the varsity in 1978.

The story starts way back in 1967. I was then in Std 2 in St Nicholas Convent, Alor Star, Kedah. Completed Std 2,3 and 5 ... skipped Std 4 as I was in the express class... and 1 term of Std 6 before we started to move again. Guess who was in Std 1 then? ....haha Zaitun was there too in SNC !!! Huh??? Yup! ZAITUN. Apparently her father was a nomad too... and was serving in Alor Star then. U- uh... never knew Zaitun then haha... but anyway, she wasn't there for long though. Then in 1970... guess who started school in SNC?... yessss... ANIZA!!!! Yup... the other partner-in-crime!!! Oh my!! There was Zaitun with me in SNC in 1967 and Aniza in 1970... our paths crossed and we never knew of each other's existence there until just last Tuesday!!! It was such a coincidence that we were just beyond words to describe the discovery....

How'd we know you asked? Oh it was just in a passing conversation with another friend (Kak Masnah) in one of our morning teas together at Zaitun's home. But that's just it... it is ordained as such that we are actually no strangers without even realising that ... hahaha.. and now here we are... bonded again by the love of Decorative Painting... Allah is Great... Amen. We are now friends for life ... InsyaAllah (God Willing)...

2 comments:

OliveBlue said...

Hi Nora, yes what an interesting discovery that was! If we could be like Michael J Fox in 'Back to the future', would be fun to see what was going on back then in St. Nicholas

Nora's Touch said...

hey... u r finally back on blog :) yup! it would be interesting yes???

Related Posts with Thumbnails