Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

More furniture...



A simple door plaque for a charming pair of 2-yr olds.... Tia and Mia. It was a last minute order from Nerry ... and this was all I could do at such a short notice. Sincerely hope that it's good enough... I always have this nagging fear that sometimes my paintings are not up to standard ..... hahaha that's the insecure me talking here !!! Surprised??? Hehe... I surprise myself too... yup!yup!yup!... for someone who loves to show-off her works... I can still (up till now) have that nagging fear that the customer is not pleased !!! ... or that I'd overcharged and that it's not worth the amount paid for *sigh*


Anyway the plaque was done in between sessions of painting on furniture. This time on a white set..... so here goes nothing... more for you to swallow .... muahahahahaha


Top and bottom of a white cabinet. The roses turn around the corner to meet the sides...

I've always been the unconventionl one... don't really like to have my paintings plop right in the centre or symmetrical at every corner. I know it irks some people to see things not organised in an orderly manner ... but that's my style :) I feel restrained if I have to maintain a symmetry ....


Pastel blue-violet hydrangeas were painted on a plastic dispenser. That was break from roses ... roses are what I have been painting for the past 3 weeks... have been artistically not challenged lately. I started painting on my fridge (which has remained as it was since last posted hahaha).. but the ideas got frozen when the furniture pieces from Zeta came in :( Every time I pass by the fridge... the urge to paint is there... ideas start swimming in the grey matter ... but there somewhere in my brain cells the ideas have remained !!!!




The last of the set... on a kitchen towel holder. I think I went overboard here ... didn't realise it until it's finished. Since paint is permanent... nothing much I can do...short of repainting the base white ...and start all over again ;)

So that's it for this post... have more to show on green set later ya... just realised I'd not had my breakfast yet... muahahahaha ... see you later ya

2 comments:

nerry nerry strawbery said...

hi kak nor, mama tiamia mmg suka la plaque pls vist her blog.. thank you22

Nora's Touch said...

alhamdulillah.... a worry off my shoulders ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails