Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pics do lie... hehehe

I went round every corner of my home today.... decided I need a change. After 13 years living here, the house is in dire need of repairs... nope NOT renovation!!! ...just repairs... from outside a friend once commented that it looks haunted!!!! Everything is... like giving way to age and neglect... but in spite of the pathetic dilapidated condition of my home... I do have favourite corners. I'm going to share here today... my home show-casing my own handiwork ... (but of course, one has to be proud of one's work... right????)


This is my favourite corner... spend 2/3 of my waking hours here. The mess remains a mess... it's my work table in my studio in a corner of my dry kitchen. Students and friends will converge here ... students to paint and friends to yakity-yak. Nobody else is allowed here!!!

The corner by the staircase is where I have most of my painted items displayed. Currently it is full... and I'm happy. However... not too good an idea to have the shelves full ... that's because I will become complacent and will wait for them to be empty before I start to paint more.... NOT goood!!! Anyway only half the items displayed are for sale. Others are either mine or waiting for the owners to come collect.

Nooks and corners in the house are decorated according to what I have. I have no special theme to follow. I create a corner as I see fit... haha an ID will have a fit here!!! What? ... house decor with no theme??? Yup!yup!yup!... that's my home... as spontaneous as the owner... muahahahaha

My blue and white corner was created to fit my blue and white cabinet that I painted. Had that cabinet painted when I suddenly realised I have nothing blue and white to match... so because of that I started my blue and white collection... hahaha. My kids tell me... I am crazy.... muahahahaha.... (though some of the items are gifts from them) Then... because I have that blue and white corner, I had to balance the other end of the wall. It looked kind of lob-sided when it was empty... and it gave that ...ugghhh ... uneasy feeling... so... I filled up the space with whatever I had... hahahaha. The display stand with the orchids on it has been basecoated since 3 years ago... nothing painted on it.... don't know why... just haven't found anything interesting to paint yet. Ideas come and go but none strong enough to urge me to paint!!!


So now you've been taken through my studio to my living room. Now... lets take a tour of my dining area.... hehe another messy area filled with books and what-nots on the table!!!! What you see here are displays at opposite corners of the feature wall of the dining area. Yup... I don't like empty corners!!! Empty corners give me an eerie feeling. Again what you see on the walls are works of yours truly here hehehe... except for the mirror on the right and the cabinet on the left. Here I show off my works in cross-stitch, patchwork and quilting, ribbon embroidery apart from my paintings. Yup!yup!yup! I'm multi-crafty.... thank you... thank you... thank you... muahahahaha

In another corner opposite the feature wall in my dining area... again of course...showing off my works... sits a round table and 2 chairs... supposedly it's my tea-corner hehehe. Oooohhh must tell you this... I do most of the sewing in the house too... curtains, runners, table cloths.... *wink* pat*pat*... ain't I clever????... muahahahaha.




The antique sideboard belongs to my great grand-dad. I coaxed my grandma to give it to me ... on it sits a few more of my paintings. This area here is an annex... joining my dining area back to my living room. I don't like walls... I'm not claustrophobic... but I just love to see space. However... I do regret it now... I just don't have enough hanging space to display my works!!!!! Oh well..... *sigh* too late to complain

This display table I took from my mum. I have things mixed and matched all over the house. I told you I do not have a theme... it's just me... I c
o-ordinate with colours. As long as it does not stand out like a sore thumb... I'm happy ;)

You are about to finish a tour of my living, studio and dining area. Lets have a cuppa ya...hehehe.... other areas are off-limits!!!!




3 comments:

umi_e said...

salam... seronoknya cuci mata....

Anonymous said...

Salam ziarah kak nora..
lama dah adore your handwork..

bestnya kalau dpt work corner mcm tu..

Nora's Touch said...

umi_e : jgn cuci mate je... go try la... sume pn boleh bljar

razna creation : thank u... saya tgh senyum lebar ni hahaha ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails