Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Just another rose

Just a short one here for now....

A note to all my students and all other beginners to the art of decorative painting. I did a very simple basic painting initially with my usual style of rose using the angular brush.... however... I was not happy with the outcome... at all!!! Mind you... I'm not a novice at painting roses... but somehow that must have been my off-day!!! Somehow it just didn't feel right.... so I chucked it aside but hey... have no fear!!! Ros Stallcup said that if ever you make a mistake... don't fret... all you have to do is repaint over it!!! That was exactly what I did... I didn't like my rose... so I repainted another over the first... used a different colour, made it slightly bigger than the initial one so as all of the mistake could be covered.... the outcome??? ...as you see it here... I like it hehehe... yup!yup!yup! .... my version of Annette's roses with the flat brush. Hmmm... think I'll also try Ginger Edward's roses... one fine day muahahaha....

4 comments:

Zahirah Zaharuddin said...

wow....really gorgeous...
day by day, you give me the confidence to paint...hugs and kisses to you....:)

rozie yusof-azlan said...

You are right..when I let me dissatisfaction fly..all is well..tapi sometimes sayang nak paint over... I will look at it and compare to the next ones.. hu..hu..tp bukan bnyak pun yg I dah buat so far..so thats why I keep...

Nora's Touch said...

Tq Zahirah...I'm glad u have d confidence to paint :)

Rozie... I keep my earlier ones to compare n show my students that nothing starts with perfection... sampai now pun x perfect lagi!!!

Home Automation Oklahoma City said...

Hi nicce reading your post

Related Posts with Thumbnails