Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's a slow week *sigh*

I've been pretty slow in completing my paintings lately... not due to lack of time but more due to lack of oomph... no zest!!! I find it very difficult to focus on whatever it is at hand *sigh*... wonder why??? Could it be due to age huh ... now that I'm but just a few more months to a half century??? Imbalanced hormones ??? LOL ... very easy to blame on everything else except oneself yes?... muahahahaha la la la la

Anyway... managed to complete another UFO. All I needed was an extra bunch of flowers (down the left-hand corner) to complete ..... but of course... me being me, the true procrastinator... I procrastinated!!!! Yup!Yup!Yup! Kept it on the shelf for nearly 6 months for something that could be completed in just 35mins!!!! When will I ever learn??? Oh well... it's now with it's rightful owner... hahahaha

Last week I tried my hand at painting a different style of roses... more to the likes of Annette Stevenson. I normally paint roses with the angular brush... but this time I painted with the flat. Haha... it took me quite a while... adjusting in my mind's eye as to which angle to lay the brush down to stroke in the petals!!!! Hmm... this way??... oh oh..nope..the other way la...ya da ya da ya da .... I talked to myself whilst painting!!! Ahuh... not that easy at first when one is used to the angular brush to paint roses. Anyway... in the end ... I did it my way... and am rather satisfied with the outcome. Needless to say... it's at the moment another UFO. I still need to put it the shadows in the background to 'sit-in' the flowers. Yup! just a wee bit more.... but hey! the procrastinator MUST procrastinate... procrastinating is another hobby... muahahahaha

The last piece was done on a tray... a painting inspired by Shelley Reeves Smith. Enjoyed doing this one as I tried to make my acrylics look like watercolour.... first attempt to do a scenery in this manner. Don't know whether I'd succeeded... but hey again! ... it's my style muahahaha. You see... art is subjective... one can get away with murder with one's style of painting muahahaha ... a very good excuse for a failed attempt at a particular technique yup!yup!yup! Frankly... to me... if it looks good... then it's good la... who's to say otherwise huh??? I'd just completed this one prior to my writing this post... tomorrow I'll varnish it... and hand it over to Suharti. Hope she likes it :)

K... I'm done for now. Had already basecoated 4 more items earlier this week... will keep you posted on that later ya. For now... it's tata... I'm going facebooking before I hit the covers hehehe.... g'nite y'all... muah muah muah...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails