Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last post... for the year

It's now just past 3.00pm...hardly 8hrs to go before 2008 wraps up to usher in 2009. Tried to paint as much as I could to finish off my UFOs.... unfortunately I only managed 1 UFO (was really under the weather the last 2 weeks.... )


This piece I completed the bottom half in Sept 2007. Left the top half undone waiting for inspiration to come... but inspiration never came....and as time passed on...I forgot of its existence...until last week when I was looking for something else and found it waiting patiently in my rack of UFOs collecting dust and dirt!!! Decided to complete it...and guess what???....took me about an hour to complete it!!! Just an hour to complete something left lying on the rack since Sept 2007!!!! Now it's done... but still unvarnished...so now it goes under the completed but unvarnished items *sigh*


However... I managed to complete 2 new items. Somehow this time I was really into tea settings with tea-cups and tea-pots. This interest started when I was doing intarsian and I created a tea-setting using this technique.... only this time I painted my settings with a soft water-colour effect using acrylics. I love them.... it was an experiment that I dare say turned out rather well... kudos to me.... muahahaha


I am now currently painting on a tray.... something very country but again with a washy water-colour effect. Having a wee bit trouble there... but once it's done I'll post it here.... that would then be my first post for 2009...errrr.... if ever it gets finished laaaa ...*sigh* so what else is new huh???? Hehehe.. till then... here's me signing off wishing you... a very Happy New Year... may this new year bring you wealth, health and happiness.... not necessarily in that order ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails