Norastouches.blogspot.com

This other blog (see link below) was created to display my decorative items for sale. However as time passes by, the time to paint for sale just eluded me

No special reason as to why I still have this blog... maybe it's just to remind me..... that's where and how I started to be where I am now :)

All items shown are hand-painted personally by yours truly... but now I focus on commissioned jobs. So, I do take orders... but the queue is long... sorry :( .... but if you are willing to wait in the queue... I'm more than obliged to paint for you..... It would be an honour!!!!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

More on Furniture

Been very busy lately. Apart from painting on small decorative items for the home, I'd also been painting on huge furniture... cupboards, sideboards, hutch cabinets. Thank you Zaitun for recommending me to Jun.... and thank you Jun for accepting my style of painting :) Fyi... Jun supplies the furniture... Zaitun and I and a few others paints 'em for her...

It's an entirely different kind of satisfaction here once the project is done.... to know that one's painting adorns another's home is really satisfying. However... eventhough I'd always yearn to paint on my own furniture...(1 of the reasons why I learned this form of art anyway.... hahahaha yup!yup!yup!) I never really got down to do it for myself... and now my decorated furniture lies in other people's homes *sigh* ... oh wellllll... 1 fine day...yup!yup!yup! ... 1 fine day I'll get mine done muahahaha...yeah right... only God knows when :(

Anyway... my favourite so far is this scenery I'd done on a 2-door cupboard. The pic is not too clear as I'd to take it with my phone-camera.... my digital cam went bonkers and has been sent for repairs. I also painted roses on another 2-door cupboard... now... that was a wee bit of a challenge... hehe it wasn't easy to paint roses facing downwards!!! It's easy to paint roses facing any direction on a small item...but on a huge heavy standing cupboard ???? Anyway... at the end of the day... I went back a very satisfied lady who has accomplished what she'd always wanted to do... eventho' there's none in the house that says....hey I've done that... heyyyy... hehehe now that reminds me... I must finish the painting I started on the door of my fridge about 8 mths ago.... hmmmm muahahaha ... (laughing my guts out...yeah right...when will I ever finish that??? )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails